Dalton enjoys stopping to look at flowers on our walks.
I have been doing some criss - cross exercises with his legs and arms while he is lying. These are some exercises that a chiro gave us to do to help his brain develop the ways it needs to help him have the ability to crawl. I am so excited that Dalton has just started climbing the stairs on his own with much encouragement. It takes alot of coordination to be able to do this crawling motion. We are so grateful to see his abilities in this area increase, especially since he has never crawled. I also saw Dalton crawl a short distance for the first time just a few days ago! He was trying to reach a flower in the yard.
Here he is climbing the stairs-Yea!
Dalton likes to read stories in his new tent downstairs. It gives us a fun divertion from playing upstairs.
Two more teeth have been growing in. Dalton has never shown visible signs of being bothered by this process before, but this time has been different. Our sweet boy went for several days without wanting to eat much and had a temperature. I felt so bad for him as he cried and fussed alot. I could tell he was very uncomfortable.
We enjoy the times we have eaten lunch together with Daddy. Dalton delights in this special time with his Daddy during the day. Resting on Daddy's arm is a great place to be!
Tantrums have become more frequent. It can be tough for both Dalton and me. I know some of his resistance comes from the weaning process we have started. I also believe some of his frustration stems from not having the ability yet to communicate as fully as he would like to. We are working thru these moments a step at a time and asking God for continual wisdom as we trust Him for guidance.
Dalton has now taken an interest in eating with a spoon at times. I usually help him scoop the food and he does the rest. Our boy does a great job feeding himself - although it can get very messy depending on what he is eating.
Dalton still loves his cheese and will verbally ask for it sometimes. "Please" is Dalton's new word. If prompted when he wants something Dalton is doing wonderful about saying please. I am so excited he is learning to use manners-especially while eating.
Our Precious Dalton,
Having you for a son just becomes more fun all the time. Not that everything is always fun and games, but as you grow so do our oppurtunities to connect with you in new ways. I am excited that you have developed your own language for yes and no. Yes sounds like a short "ya" and no is a waving of your arm back and forth. Our understanding you in this way eleviates much of the frustration and gives us a much greater communication.
I also feel an increasing awarness of the importance to hear the Holy Spirit, together with Daddy, in raising you. You are a beautiful blessing from the Lord and bring us so much joy.
My beautiful boy, I still cherish those moments throughout the day when you pull my face toward yours and just want me to rest my face against you for a while. I love at night before bed when you want to snuggle in my arms. It is at these times that you like Mommy's continual kisses and when I stop you will pull me toward you again as you obviously want more. What special times these are for Mommy and Dalton!
It brings my heart joy to watch your responce to Daddy when he gets home. His arrival home always brings a big smile to your face and you can't wait to be in your Daddy's arms. From then on until bed you just want to be near Daddy. I also love to watch you light up when you play together with your hero.
I pray that you will always know how loved you are not only by Mommy and Daddy but even more importantly by Jesus our Savior.
Loving You always,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment