My precious Dalton,
I am amazed that you already turned 13 months old. I am understanding why parents always say to enjoy because "they grow up so fast". You are growing so fast and I have a tendency to be very sentimental. I love having you as our baby boy who wants to be held close, kissed, and hugged. I cherish the moments you still enjoy those close cuddling times. They are very special times to Mommy and Daddy. It is hard for me to let go of your "baby ways" as I see you grow into a little boy who wants more space and room to learn on your own. But I know it is vital for me to put my trust in the Lord and release you into His hands as you grow into different stages.
Yet, no matter how big you get, you will always be my precious little boy. My dream come true. My miracle from the Lord. I love being your Ma-Ma and enjoy every moment with you. You bring us so much joy!
Daddy now gets you ready for bed most of the time and you soak up this time you have together. What could be just part of a routine preparing for bed time, Daddy makes very special. He sings you the Hokey-Poky including all the actions as he changes you for bed. It thrills my heart to hear you squealing and laughing as you enjoy this time with your hero. Right before bed, Daddy holds you as he sings and rocks you in the big glider. What a precious sight I behold when I peek in your room! I see you rocking back and forth on Daddy's lap as you singing along with him in your own sweet humming.
This last month has held such a flurry of activity and we have celebrated some very special events/ holidays with family. I will mention some of the special events we celebrated this last month. You had your 1st year pictures taken on Dec. 1st. Your first birthday and Daddy's birthday were on the 3rd followed by a birthday party for you both with family on the 5th. And then comes the family time Christmas celebrations. It was so fun to watch you participate in helping to open gifts this year. How blessed we are to have you as our son. We have so enjoyed watching you grow this last year.
Here are some of the new developments and favorite things this last month:
~ You surprised us by pulling yourself up from a seated position to standing on Dec. 13th for the 1st time in order to see in your toy box. It is so cute to watch you reach for the toy that you want inside. You are also trying to pull up on other things. This is very exciting!
~You began scooting forward to reach whatever you wanted the next day on Dec. 14th. You definitely have your own ways of getting around and are now scooting all over the kitchen and living room. It is so cute to watch you enjoy tossing a toy away from you, scoot to pick it up, only to toss it away from yourself again. Many times you get excited playing this little game and I love to see you having fun moving around on your own.
~You love to clap your hands. I love watching you clap with big smiles whenever we praise you for something, you see someone else clapping, someone says yea, or you are just excited about something.
~It is awesome to hear your "talking" and hear you say several words including Da-da, Ma-ma, spoon, book, blue to name a few. I also her you trying to repeat other words you hear us say.
This is very exciting for me and Da-da.
~You still love your books. It is hilarious to see you surrounded by all your books after you have looked through all of them.
~You love music - especially when we sing. It thrills me to see you sway back and forth as you hum along with the melody. You are so adorable!
~You had your first pool and jacuzzi experience on our trip to Ames as we stayed in a hotel.
~You have just begun cruising. It is exciting to see you beginning to walk around holding on to other things besides Mommy or Daddy. You are quite apprehensive about taking steps without help, but you will try on your own when there is something you are motivated to reach.
I am excited about the new things you are learning. But I want you to always know, my Dalton, that my love for you is just as great no matter what you do or don't do. I love you with a passion that will never fade. You are such a beautiful gift to Mommy and Daddy and we love having you as our little boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment