Thursday, March 22, 2012

Preschool

I am so proud of our big boy! Dalton started going to preschool classes at the end of March. Here Dalton is showing me the sheep he made with his hand print and cotton balls. It only last thru mid May but I thought this experience would give him a taste of preschool in the future. I knew one of the biggest challenges for him would be parting from me and staying with others he didn't know. This was the case the first couple of times, but after that he showed excitement in telling me all about his time there. In addition, he took a liking to the head teacher (a sweet Christian friend that I have known since before Kevin and I were married. I sensed this session of classes would be vital steps to preparing for preschool in the future.
What a tremendous step for Dalton! He is overcoming the fear of parting from Mom. Even though he still doesn't admit that he would like to go back, I am encouraged to hear his enthusiasum in telling me about his time after each class. I know this is an incredible breakthrough for Dalton and I am excited to witness the growth in him!

No comments:

Post a Comment