Sunday, March 4, 2012

God's Grace

What a beautiful surprise! The Lord is blessing us with another child!
Around the Christmas holidays of 2011, I started feeling nauseous every morning and this yucky feeling extended into the rest of the day as well. I started wondering right away if I might be pregnant but I didn't think so because Bentley was not yet fully weened. A few days into this discomfort, I decided to take a pregnancy test just to check for sure and the results came back negative. I have to admit I was quite relieved. We had not planned on having another child yet. Honestly, I have my hands are full with the two boys and I didn't feel ready for another baby.
The nausea continued day after day and after a couple more weeks, during the 1st week of 2012, I decided to take another pregnancy test.... this time it came back positive. This was totally unexpected and I was shocked. I know every child the Lord gives us is a blessing from Him whether it is planned or not. Even though I was excited it took some time for me to adjust to the fact that we were going to have another addition to our family. I struggled with a sense of feeling overwhelmed for a time. I already felt I had as much on my plate as I could handle. I know I am continually in need of God's grace, but in this situation I became more keenly aware of my lack and my need for Him. Only by God's grace, can I take on the responsibility of raising another precious child.
On the 23rd of February as we set out on a two day trip to a Debuque water park, a turn of events took place that was not only a wake up call for me but a wonderful example of God's love, care, and grace that is continually at work in our lives. I began bleeding quite profusely and after calling my mid-wives we decided to turn around and head straight in to see them. While in the waiting room, as we continued to pray and seek the Lord, I became acutely aware of His peace that settled over me. I knew that I needed to let go and verbaly take a stand that my trust is in the Lord. He is in control and this baby is His. I also recognized that even though it had taken some time for me to adjust to the fact that we were going to have another child, I was excited and anticipating this little blessing becoming a part of our family much more than I realized before. Until this point, it was challenging to stay calm, considering the possibilities of what could be happening in my body.

As I came to a better spot of trusting the Lord, a new sense of peace and anticipation began to grow in me. This little baby is going to be such a blessing to our family and God is doing a new work in me of choosing to trust and rely on Him.
To the shock of the mid-wife the ultra sound appeared completely normal and free of complications. I praise the Lord for this miricle of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment