Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Half a Year Old Already!

Once again, I am reminded that it just gets more fun all the time as our little ones grow. At Bentley's six month doctors appointment he already weighted 17.13lbs and are 27.75 inches long. I am amazed that Bentley is six months old already and starting to sit up on his own now.

He started eating solid foods quite readily on May 30. This means longer stretches between feedings which makes mommy happy. Our growing baby boy loves to eat his big boy food! Many times I know he could eat more than the serving they give in the #2 baby foods but I am not ready to ween him just yet.

Bentley first rolled over from back to tummy on May 31st. On June 19 he learned to roll from his tummy to his back. I am so glad that he is learning to move around on his own, although his little arm sometimes gets stuck under him! He is enjoying this new ability.

Nothing brings my heart more joy than to see those little arms reaching for me. The very first time Bentley did this on June 13th, he was at Mimi and Papa Engelbrecht's in their pack and play. I was thrilled to see not only my little Bentley's sparkling eyes and kicking legs, but his little arms reaching to be held with the biggest smile across his face. Seeing this just about brought tears to my eyes.

Just this last month Bentley started playing pic-a-boo himself with his blanket. It is so fun to see him initiating little games now. I love to watch him get excited as he covers his face and I say where did Bentley go?.....and then squwel with delight as he uncovers his face only to cover it up once more wanting to do it all over again.

Often, when I go in and check on Bentley while he is sleeping, I find his sweet little thumb in his mouth.
Bentley likes to chew on his toes also. It is adorable to watch him grab a hold of his little toes and raise them all the way to his mouth - amazing flexability.

Bentley delights in being raised up into the air in fun play. He is also very ticklish and loves for us to get his tummy!

Anytime Big Bro Dalton comes near, Bentley gets so excited. It brings my heart so much joy to watch how both of our boys love being together!Dalton is such a sweet big brother to His little brother, Bentley.
Bentley began sitting up on his own on June 22nd the day he turned 6 months old. I love it because he will be able to play more with Dalton now.

My Dear Bentley,
So many smiles, my precious baby boy. Your joy is contagious! My, how you are growing! It is so awesome to see you starting to move around and express yourself quite well with little squewls and babbles.
I am blessed to watch you and Dalton interact as he comes over to you frequently to give you loves or brings you toys in your exersaucer. Then he pulls his chair right beside you to play together. Even more wonderful is how you both get so excited when you are near each other. Thank You Jesus for blessing us with such beautiful spirited boys!

Much Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment