Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yes, Jesus Loves Me

What delight it brings me to watch and listen to our adorable 2 year old, Dalton. He has become an awesome communicator using more new words and sentences every day. He also has fun sometimes repeating everything I say. I am amazed by how much he talks now!

Oh, how it brings joy to my heart when I hear Dalton sing! Dalton loves to sing praise songs to Jesus. "Jesus Loves Me" is one of Dalton's favorites. I was amazed one day when he surprised me and sang it all the way through by himself. He also has other favorites which he now sings including "Jesus, Name Above All Names", "Holy, Holy, Holy" and "Rejoice, Rejoice, The Lamb Has Overcome.

Dalton loves for us to read the Bible together.We read Psalm 34 every day with him. Dalton can find this chapter by himself. His favorite verse is "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies." If we forget to read the Bible he will remind us. What a tremendous blessing to see his yearn for righteousness and desire to do what is right!

Since the first of the year Dalton has incorporated pretend play in his activities. It is so fun to watch him pretend to cook and eat some of his plastic food. He likes to fix food for mommy too. I love to pretend with him. Dalton also enjoys feeding the animals on his little people farm. I have found them all surrounding the little trough of vegetables with their noses tipped down so that they are in just the right potion to reach the food. I laughed when I found Dalton had done this.
Dalton also plays daily with his stuffed animals. One of his favorite activities is putting them down for a "nap". He will cover them with our big throw blankets and say, "Good night"- "Sleep good." How privileged I am to have the opportunities to watch our adorable 2 year old play and grow in his abilities.

Some of Dalton's favorite toys to play with now include his dump truck, backhoe, bulldozer, and tractor-loader. He loves pushing the equitment around and this activity can occupy him for quite a while. Dalton is usually fairly quiet while playing with these toys except when he pipes in "Dump Dirt", naming the equitment he is using, or referring to daddy doing this at work. I love to watch Dalton enjoy copying Kevin and wanting to be like daddy.


Our Precious Big Boy Dalton,
You have grow up so much since Bentley has been born not only in height and looks, but also in maturity. You have become so much more independent wanting to do things on your own without help. I am so blessed by your patients when Mommy is helping Bentley. Even though there are still those moments when you get frusterated that your not the one recieving the attention at that time, you have become so much more patient and understanding than a few months ago.

Sometimes you just like to be silly and make mommy and daddy laugh. I love those times we just have fun together no matter where we are or what we are doing.
I absolutely love to hear your little voice and hear all the words, phrases, and sentences you are saying now! One of my favorites is "Thank You, Please" that you group together many times. I am grateful for the polite ways and expressions you have so readily picked up.

You continue to be such a loving little boy. I cherish those moments when you come up to me from behind wrapping your arms around me, come to me for a hug, or just want to be held close.
Even though you sometimes like to test your boundaries as a growing 2 year old , I will always love you with an unconditional love that never fades. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you, our beautiful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment