Thursday, November 11, 2010

Countdown to Dalton's 2nd Birthday

Fun in the leaves!

One of the last nice days this month, Dalton and I played in the leaves of the neighbor's yard. This was the first time Dalton had actually played in the leaves. He loved it when when I would pick up leaves and throw them in the air over my head.

Now it is your turn, Dalton.What a cutie pie!


It was funny to watch him pick up a couple of leaves and drop them over his own head. Dalton was very observant to check out the enormous sicamore leaves.Not only did Dalton enjoy the leaves on the ground, but he was fasinated by the leaves that where still hanging from the tree. What a joyful boy! I love watching Dalton having fun. Dalton and I have been reading a library book together about autum and the leaves falling from the trees outside. Dalton always points outside our front window refering to the leaves that have fallen from our tree. Now, ever time we walk past that same house, Dalton wants to stop and play in the leaves again. We have so much fun together!
I am amazed by the increase in Dalton's vocabulary this month. We have been doing Your Baby Can Read series and Dalton ask to do it again ever day if we forget. He is saying and repeating so many new words. Dalton loves letters and books about the alphabet and any thing to do with reading words. He can identify and name at least half of the letters in the alphabet by name. Many times when Dalton sees words or signs, He will start voluntarily naming the individual letters. It brings joy to my heart to see Dalton's abilities grow and his eagerness to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment