Monday, September 20, 2010

Ma-ma and Dalton's trip to the Zoo

There is that big "Kittty".
My MOPS group had a play date set for moms and our children to go to Niabi Zoo together. I thought this sounded like fun and really wanted to go and take Dalton. Even though he has already been to two different zoos this summer, I reasoned that it would be good for him to have another trip to see the animals. I hoped that since he is a little older now he would enjoy this experience more than he has our past visits. I also saw this time as an opportunity and a challenge for me to be able to do this on my own with Dalton.I was joined by only three other moms and their kids but it was a fun time. Dalton definitely was much more into seeing the animals than he had been in the past. He was especially excited about the bobcats that he called "kitty". He kept asking to go back and see them so at the end of our round I decided to retrace our steps to view the "kitty" again. Dalton was thrilled!Dalton got tired of the stroller after a while and just wanted to walk around. I love to watch him swing those little arms as he walks. This trip to the zoo was a victory for me because the Lord gave me the courage to step over my fears and He blessed the time. Praise His name!


No comments:

Post a Comment