Your Joy spills over!
My Precious Dalton,
I want to share how the Lord led us to pick your name. As we searched in the months before you where born, I paid close attention to each of the meanings attached to names because I knew this was an important part of the name that we would give you. We prayed for the Lord to show us the name he had for you. It was quite a process of looking thru name books and making list. Our list started out long, but we finally narrowed it down to three names. Only after we had narrowed the list to three, did I realize that each of the names meanings where almost the same. They all related to peace. How awesome that the Lord made it so clear your name is to be "filled with peace"! I desired your middle name to be "Lawrence" after Grandpa Earp. We found out that this name meant "Joyful".
After picking these names I realized something extremely significant. When I was a young teenager, the Lord blessed us in our church with spiritual names. Mine is peace and joy. These names have been something I have held close over the years and have been very important to me, especially in times when I am struggling.
It wasn't until after we picked your names "Dalton Lawrence" that I came to the realization these are the exact names our Lord Jesus gave me so many years ago. It is amazing to look back and see how God reveals things to us ahead of time even if we don't know the whole picture yet. He is an awesome God! It is a tremendous blessing to see the joy and peace of Jesus so evident in Dalton!!

No comments:
Post a Comment