Wednesday, February 3, 2010

14 months old

Such a cutey pie!

Our little handsome man.


My Precious Dalton,
Spending time with you becomes more fun every day. I love to hear the sweet little jabbering that you communicate more frequently now. Ma-ma has started using some sign language with you at meal times. It is awesome to see you starting to pick up on some of the signs so readily especially the sign for more. You have also been using this sign in other situations. You are beginning to say and sign done as you hear Ma-ma's prompting.

You are a very loving little boy. I cherish those moments when you tenderly reach up and put you arms around me wanting to be held close. You often pull my face to yours so that our faces are touching and let out an affectionate hum. I so love these jestures of love. You also enjoy Ma-ma's kisses over and over on your precious little head at the times you are seeking to be close. Often, you won't move a muscle as you relax your whole body and rest your face against mine.
Frequently, while you are nursing Ma-ma sings to you. I love to see your sparkling eyes as you respond with the biggest smiles and a hum of approval. Your beautiful eyes study Ma-ma's face most of the time you are nursing. You are like a little sponge soaking up every expression and word I say. As I smile telling you how much I love you, that you are a special boy, and that I'm proud of you, your face will light up with the brightest smile as I hear your little giggle. These are moments when I become even more aware of the close bound that is between us. This bound is a beautiful gift from the Lord.Oh, how I love those little arms that reach for me!


Those beautiful blue eyes are simply irresistible.




I am amazed how quickly you are picking up on activities. We just started playing with the blocks you received for Christmas. It is exciting to watch you trying to help stack a couple as you observe me. Your favorite activity with the blocks though is to knock them over. Ma-ma just introduced the new colored cups she bought and you starting to place the smaller ones inside the larger ones after I had only shown you once. You also discovered on your own that if laid on their side you could roll them across the floor. You also love your little colored balls and will chase them all across the floor. This little game of yours can last for quite a while.


You are such an active little boy. Scooting is one of your favorite ways of moving around. You like to go all around the house. This last month you have started cruising. You like walking back and forth holding to the rails of the stairway and have been practicing the challenge of letting yourself down from a standing position. We bought you a different walker and you definitely didn't like it at first. You have to balance yourself and don't have the security of our hands holding yours or the option of sitting whenever you want like your other walker. Dada found creative ways to rouse your interest in using this new challenging walker. First he placed your ball popping dump truck directly in front for you to push. And then he built bridges for you to walk under using chairs lined up with clothes draped over them. What a caring father you have Dalton! You are now walking laps back and forth with this walker as long as we turn you around at the ends. We sometimes cheer for you as you are walking and you will stop and clap with us as you lean on your walker. You are so adorable, Dalton!

"It's time to brush our teeth". Boy, do these words elisite an excited response from you. You love to brush your teeth and hold nice and still while we help you. Good job Dalton!

You never want to go to bed until you have your special time with Dada rocking in the big glider. I love to look in and see you swaying back and forth on his lap as you hum and click to the praise songs Daddy sings you ever night. Oh yea, and don't forget the story books or you will be sure and remind us.

Finger foods have now become hit at mealtime. You prefer to do it yourself and are doing a great job. You definitely have a variety of favorite foods. Among them are cheese, cheerios, carrots, chicken, bananas, and crackers. At suppertime you always want to eat what Mama and Dada are eating. If we feed you other additional food, you will only eat it if it is from a bowl identicle to ours and you prefer a big spoon. You are so smart and want to be a big boy when it comes to eating.

Your 8th tooth came in this month. You are doing a great job chewing your food. Look at all those teeth. You are simply adorable!


This last month you also experienced being in a swimming pool and jacuzzi for the first time. This was at our hotel when we went to visit Craig, Heidi, Gage, and Eli. You were quite apprehensive at first but started to have fun after we played for a time. You especialy liked the jacuzzi and didn't want to get out when the time came. I don't blame you. The warmth felt wonderful after the pool.



You enjoy finger play songs such as Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and Patty Cake. Many times you will clap along or try to copy an action. I love to watch you delight in these songs.

Anytime you hear a melody, whether it be Mama singing, worship cds, or your stand and play musical table, you will start swaying back and forth and humming along to the tune. It thrills my heart to watch you.

My prayer for you my Dalton is that you would find your worth from who you are in the Lord and and know how valuable you are to Him. I pray that you would know how much Mama and Dada love you and even more how much our Lord Jesus loves and cares for you. You are a very special little boy our angel from above.

Loving You With All My Heart,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment