Last year at this time I was anxiously anticipating how soon you would arrive, my Dalton. Your due date was less than a week a way and I had all kinds of questions going through my mind: Would I be going back to work or would I go into labor before the week arrived? Did I have everything packed that I needed to? How would the whole labor and delivery go? The time was very near and I was extremely excited and a bit nervous as well. Yet,the Lord had given me a peace through my whole pregnancy and for this I was very grateful but I was about to experience one of the most awesome events of my entire life that would change our lives for ever and I was very aware of this. The time was eminent and it was hard to focus on anything else than preparing for the birth of our beautiful son. Everything was ready for you. I just had to continue contiously choosing to keep hold of the peace that Christ Jesus had given me.
Our Beautiful Dalton,
You are a special gift from God to Mommy and Daddy. How incredibly blessed we are to hold you in our arms, to care for you, to love you, to watch you grow and to call you our own precious son! What an awesome responsibility we have been given to be your parents seeking to raise you in the ways of the Lord. You are so dear to us! I never knew I could love a little one so much as I love you. We love you more than words can express! We are so proud of you, our precious boy.
This was your first Thanksgiving and how awesome it is to experience it with you for the first time! After a relaxing morning we prepared to Grandma and Paupa Earp's house but first we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Engelbrecht's for a visit. As you sat on the couch by your cousin Cole you were very curious to see what he was eating and drinking. You were reaching for Cole's graham cracker, much to his dismay, so Grandma gave you one of your own. It was great to see you take interest in another possible finger food because you have just started taking bites from finger foods I give you. This was your first time trying a graham cracker. You willingly chewed on it and enjoyed sharing in the snack time with Cole.
During Thanksgiving meal at Grandma and Paupa 's house, it was fun to watch you reach for and try several of the foods we were eating. You had the privilege of sitting on Grandma's lap and trying whatever foods off of her plate that you wanted to pick up and put into your little mouth. You made quite a mess, but it was a hoot to see you try several foods in whole form that you had never eaten in this way before. Green beans mashed and spagehti squash were some of the new whole foods that you decided to try.

No comments:
Post a Comment