Friday, November 20, 2009

SUPRISE! Another Baby Shower

Happy Birthday Paupa!



This last Sunday, November 15th, at church Jim Tully called Dad (Larry) up front because it was his birthday and we all sang Happy Birthday. But then he called Kevin and me up front-Dalton was asleep in the nusery. What is going on now- I thought. Everyone started singing Happy Birthday to Dalton and Kevin. Then Jim announced that he had been made aware the church had not had a baby shower for us yet and that it was time since it would soon be Dalton's 1st birthday. While he was speaking two enormous gifts were being brought out to us. I opened them to find exactly what we had been needing- a bigger car seat for Dalton and a gate for the top of our stairs. I felt tremendously blessed. Kevin had been in on the planing too and I had no idea. Afterward, there was a luncheon to celebrate. I have always wanted to have a surprise party and this was my first. Thank you to River of Life church for your care and generosity. We are so blessed to be apart of such a wonderful church family! Thanks also to my immediate family members who did so much to make it such a wonderful celebration blessing!

This is what I caught Kevin doing when I found them in the fellowship hall- feeding Dalton a cupcake. He said Dalton was liking it until I came over. This same day was Paupa's birthday and we celebrated that evening at Christina and Nate's house. Dalton, you really started taking off because you where excited to go see Aunt Christina and Uncle Nate in the other room and realized you could walk to them.
What a great time we had together as a family all seven of us. In addition, this was also our Thanksgiving with Nate and Christina because they will be going up to Lamars for the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment