Saturday, September 24, 2011

9 Months Old



Our precious Bentley has been such a little trooper. His leg broke two and a half weeks ago and is in a cast. On 7 of September Kevin went to put Bentley on his shoulders (Bentley loves to be on Daddy's shoulder's). As Kevin went to reach for Bentley's second leg, securing him on his shoulders, Bentley rared back. The leg that Kevin caught him with broke.

It has been difficult for me to see Bentley have to go thru this, but the spirit of peace that he has displayed has been amazing. From the first time we went in to have x-rays and see if his leg had broken to the day they cut his cast off, the medical staff and I were all amazed by his calm spirit. Thank You Jesus for your spirit of Peace that You have given our Bentley.

Bentley had just begun to show signs of crawling when his leg broke. That didn't stop him because three days later on the 10th of September Bentley began doing the army crawl across the floor with both arms while pushing with one foot. His quick adapting to the bulky heavy cast was amazing.
Bentley crawled to Dalton's shoe. Shoes are a great attraction to Bentley these days!

Not only did our little boy began crawling that day, but he also started doing complete cunches by sitting himself up from a lying down position. WOW! I was surprised the first first time I found Bentley sitting up in his crib after I had laid him down. Our little Bentley is getting so strong he amazes me more every day.

Bedtime has just started becoming challenging time for Bentley. He gets upset and starts crying when we lay him down at night. I think he doesn't want to go to bed becuse he knows his big brother, Dalton, is still up and wants to stay up and play with him and Daddy. I can tell this is the case because whenever I take Bentley in his room to go to bed or nurse he tries to see out in the living room.

Our two boys enjoy being together most of the time. Dalton likes to give Bentley hugs but he usually pulls Bentley over in the process. I am constantly reminding Dalton that he has to be gentle.

Bentley loves to swing. Here he is swinging in our backyard. We usually go to the park every week and both our boys enjoy swinging together.

On September 12th Bentley began saying his first word while at the lunch table. I was delighted but not surprised to hear his little voice call out Da-da. Benley is crazy about his Daddy and just like his brother is always excited to spend time with him when he comes. home in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment