Friday, July 22, 2011

7 Months Old



Our little Bentley you bring so much added joy to our family. We are so blessed by your many smiles and cheerful demeanor. I thank Jesus for giving us the privilege of being your parents. We love you so much!

Bentley is quite the little mover. No not crawling yet, but rolling. When I lay Bentley down to play and walk away for a few moments he doesn't usually stay in one spot. Sometimes he is half way across the room from where I laid him down when I come back. One of the the first times this happened it was a little alarming because I couldn't find him at first. He had rolled behind a piece of furniture.

Bentley's beautiful smile is starting to look a little bit different these days. His first two teeth started poping thru the middle of July. How adorable!

On July 17th, as we were eating at Machine shed with some of Kevin's family, Bentley said something that sounded like Ma-ma. Mimi Engelbrecht is the one who noticed it at first this time. I thought Bentley had called out "Ma-ma" just the day before but this was confirmation as Diana heard him as well.

Although Bentley's naps vary greatly in length, he is a great sleeper at night. I must not forget a blanket, any blanket will do. Bentley loves his blankets and is usually very delighted when I give it to him. He will immediately pull the blanket to his face and get very heavy eyes.

Pic-a-boo is one of Bentley's favorite games that he is now initiating by pulling the cover on and off his face by himself. It is so fun to see him!

Bentley is now using a sippy cup and does a great job with it. Many times he doesn't want to drink out of it unless he is the one holding it. He wants to do it himself- so funny.

Our little boy has quite an appetite and will very willingly eat any of the baby foods that I feed him. Bentley is an awesome eater and loves his "Big boy food".

Bentley is beginning to really enjoy his jumparoo now. He loves when we jump with him and wil start jumping big and laughing.

That cute little thumb is often seen in Bentley's mouth these days - especially when he gets tired or hungry.

Good night my little one. I love you more than you could ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment