Monday, October 11, 2010

Our 5th Anniversary


The weekend after our anniversary on the 24th of September we decided to take a day and night away from home. This anniversary is our 5th and Kevin wanted to make sure and make it special for me. What a sweet heart I married! I was really looking forward to it!
Dalton was to spend the night at with mimi and papa Engelbrecht. Although Dalton loves spending time with his grandparents, I was apprehensive how he would do staying overnight because he hadn't done since he was just a few months old with mimi and papa Earp. When it came to take Dalton and leave him there, Kevin actually had a harder time emotionally than I did. It was very sweet to watch his tender Father's heart toward Dalton.
My wonderful Love, Kev, blessed me with a fancy dinner out and a night at the Radidson. It was a very relaxing time that we could focus on relating to each other much more than we do at home. We took the afternoon and walked along the quant town of LeClaire on that chilly rainy day. The weather made the time seem more romantic. It is amazing to realize how soon our next little baby boy will be here.
The next day, as we drove back to pick up Dalton, we were both greatly anticipating seeing Dalton and wondering how he had done overnight. Much to our delight, we were met with big smiles as Dalton excitedly told us in his own way about his time. It was so adorable. I was relieved as Diana told us he had done very well even during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment